Tuesday 30 June 2009

How a son or daughter thinks of his/her father at different ages

At 4 years
My daddy is great

At 6 years
My daddy knows everybody

At 10 years
My daddy is good but is short tempered and knows little than my friend’s Daddy

At 12 years
My daddy was very nice to me when I was young

At 14 years
My daddy is getting fastidious

At 16 years
My daddy is not in line with the current times. Frankly he does not know anything

At 18 years
My daddy is becoming increasingly cranky

At 20 years
Oh! It’s becoming difficult to tolerate daddy. Wonder how Mother pus up with him

At 25 years
Daddy is objecting to everything. Don’t know when he will understand the world

At 30 Years
It’s becoming difficult to manage my son. I was so scare of my father when I was young

At 40 years
Daddy brought me up with so much discipline. I wonder how he managed to handle the younger generation

At 45 years
I am baffled as to how my daddy brought us up

At 50 years
My daddy faced so many hardships to bring us up. (We were four brothers and sisters). I am unable to manage a single son

At 55 years
My daddy was so far sighted and planned so many things for us. Even at this old age, he is able to control things. He is one of his kind and unique.

At 60 years
My daddy was great

Thus, it took 56 years to complete the cycle and come back to the 1st stage!

Source: Unknown

Pastor Henry shared this during the Father’s Day celebration last week; it is perfect fact of life I must say. Like I always joke among my friends, we must “LONG PIAK” ie. bang the wall ourselves, in order to learn many lessons in life. There are many things we can’t learn from books, from friends or from parents unless we went through it the hard way.

I already passed through half of all the stages above, and I hope that it won’t takes me 56 years to reckon the fact that Daddy is great. Although there are times when I blame my father for not doing this and that, not giving this and that, I hope that there will be more times that I thank him for bringing me up the way he did.

No comments: