Wednesday 3 June 2009

Basic Courtesy



Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, today teacher will share with you a few basic things to practice in order to be a courteous person. Are you a courteous person now? NO!!!!! he is not, he is not, not not not not!! He has never taken a courtesy lesson before in his life and nobody taught him how!!!!

Yes, I am referring to the nanny of the supernanny. To keep you updated, the organization structure in my department has again been transformed into a perfect pyramid:



This is not self pity but this is the reality, my department is full of bosses and I am the only staff there. We have been working together perfectly and this is how we distribute the work load:


When I was on the phone just now, my medium boss came to my place and talked to me. I turned and looked at him, hoping him to see that I’m on the phone. He saw me holding the phone and he continued to give his order, without even given me a break to ask to other person on hold. I feel frustrated but I told myself maybe he is the boss and he thinks I should listen to him first on top of everybody else.

Then he left my place. Few seconds later, my phone rang and I answered politely like we were taught to do so in the company “wei, ni hao” literally means hello, you good. The person on the other end said “pass the phone to so and so.” What?!?! He can’t even said “hello” or “annie” is it? Even when we asked our maid at home to do work also we will call her name. What is he treating me like? I am not even his PA!!!

Come to think of it, I remembered he has this habit of “taking” stationeries from my table without asking for permission, not once, not twice but all the time. You mean maybe he took it when I was not around? No! I was sitting at my place and the whatever stationery was just right in front of me, and he walked straight to my place, took it and walked away. Gosh..
What I hate most about him was this classic incident I would never forget. One day, we were so happened working together on some event. As he read through the guidebook, he has some questions and he wanted to clarify with the person who wrote it. He has the guidebook on his hand, the person’s number on the guidebook, the phone in front of him, the brain in his head, the mouth in his face, he hand in his body in tact and he asked me “you, call and ask!”

Excuse me?!?! Are you fully paralyzed or what? What is it that I have and you don’t have that you need me to make the call for you?!? I can’t get this part right even until now. In every meeting that we attend, when he has questions or opinions, he will said to me and asked me to say it out. That’s why I told others that my boss if paralyzed the whole body except his mouth. At most he can do is only moving his lips, that’s all.

And the most ridiculous part is that I received an email cc to me sent by some customer’s secretary, her remarks was this “ thank you for being so nice to me all this while, sometimes you words just cheer me up the whole day” Seriously, I nearly fainted when I saw this, is she blind or deaf or dumb? Why on earth did she make this remarks? No, I didn’t pass out, but I throw out, amat menjijikkan..
Forget to tell what is my medium boss position in the company, the Director of XXX and XXX, XXX Region and what he does in the office? I don’t know the detail, but I often heard “ Are you home already, what are you doing now” “How is my daughter doing in school today?” “The stove in the kitchen is not working, can you please check it out?” “Which number do you think I should choose 012, 019…” Busy, very busy all the time.

And he just got promoted few days ago!! Why like that?!?!?! Well, it only shows that all his shoe polishing work is paying him well I guess. Even though I hate him for many things that he has done, he has no doubt the most welcoming hospitality room in the office, whenever he is around, he will have a lot of guests drop by to have a nice long chat with him.

You know every year I would have a new boss, and he is the only who can sustain the second year. What is the reason behind? All my other bosses has outstanding performance over the one year time span and they are promoted to handle more important task, and this one.. I guess he has not done anything and the management decided to give him another year to do something. Poor me, oh poor me

No comments: